The Heart chakra, or Anahata in its original Sanskrit name, is the 4th Chakra of the energy centres. It colours our life with compassion, love, and beauty. Driven by the principles of transformation and integration, the heart chakra is said to bridge earthly and spiritual aspirations.
The Heart Chakra is the 4th Chakra and is located in the middle of your chest and spins its energy into your heart and lungs. Your heart is an extremely powerful muscle that uses the energy to help express compassion, empathy, and love.
When there's a blockage at this energy level, anger, jealousy, grief, or self-hatred can be more prominent.
When your Heart Chakra is blocked you...
- Become overly defensive
- Feel closed down
- Feel jealousy; fear of intimacy
- are codependent, relying on other’s approval and attention, trying to please at all cost
- Always putting oneself in the role of the saviour or the rescuer; or on the contrary, falling into victimization
- are excessively isolated, become recluse, antisocial
- Hold grudges, not being to forgive
When you have an open Heart Chakra it will help you to experience love, both for yourself and others. When flowing with energy, it feels filled with love, compassion, forgiveness, and acceptance.
When you Heart Chakra is open you...
- Feel love for others, for life in general
- Become more compassionate
- Become more acceptant with yourself
- Feel inclined to forgive
- Have a better overall sense of balance and well-being
- Experience integration between with physical and earthly plane needs and spiritual aspirations
- Experience altruism, selflessness
- Feel harmonious, can balance control of the senses and emotions (do not feel like constriction or excessive control)
- Have balance of female and male energies within oneself
- Feel harmony in relationships
A balance of this energy centre will help you provide harmony for the cycle of giving and receiving, love and acceptance.
Some crystals that are helpful in activating and balancing the heart chakra include: Rose Quartz, Rhodonite, Emerald, and Green Aventurine.
The heart chakra is related to the element of air. As such, its energy is associated to the breath and its movements, as well as the idea of spaciousness and connection with all things. So exercises you can do to support the heart chakra include: long, slow walks, shoulder and neck massage, warm baths, heart chakra meditation and yoga techniques.
The consumption of vibrant green nutrient rich fruits and vegetables is also an effective way to activate and balance the heart chakra. Eat green foods like limes, green apples, zucchini’s, and celery.
To shop all things Heart Chakra, check out these LLJ products: