The Crown Chakra is the seventh and highest chakra and is our connector to the divine and our spiritual nature. It allows for spirituality to integrate into our physical lives.
The Sanskrit name “Sahasrara” is sometimes used to designate the seventh chakra, an d can be translated as “Thousand petals”. The Crown Chakra is directly aligned to seek an intimate relationship with the cosmos, as it is the chakra of prayer.
The most commonly accepted location for the seventh chakra is at the top of the head or slightly above the head. It sits like a crown, radiating upwards, hence its name. The Crown Chakra is primarily associated to the pituitary gland, and secondarily to the pineal and the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland work in pair to regulate the endocrine system. Because of its location, the crown chakra is closely associated with the brain and the whole nervous system.
In connection with the physical body, the Crown Chakra is the entry point for the human life-force which pours abundantly into the body’s energy system from the greater universe (God or the Tao). It is this force that nourishes the body, mind, and spirit, and it distributes this energy throughout the physical body and down the lower chakras.
The Crown Chakra is our warehouse for energies we amass through kind thoughts and actions and through acts of faith, meditation, and prayer. It is here we can transcend dimensions of life and commune with “God.”
Energetically, the seventh chakra has a connection with the first chakra, as they both are at the extremities of the chakra system.
As we are immersed in the energy of the crown chakra, we feel a state of blissful union with all that is, of spiritual ecstasy. This chakra allows access to the upmost clarity and enlightened wisdom.
When the Crown Chakra is blocked, you:
- Experience being disconnected to spirit, constant cynicism regarding what is sacred. On the opposite side, an overactive Crown Chakra could manifest as a disconnection with the body
- Experience living in your head, being disconnected from your body and earthly matters
- Have obsessive attachment to spiritual matters
- Experience closed-mindedness
- Experience isolation and loneliness; inability to connect with others
- Have a lack of direction
- Have inability to set or maintain goals
- Feel disconnected spiritually
Physical symptoms of a blocked crown chakra include:
- Neurological disorders
- Nerve pain
- Thyroid and pineal gland disorders
- Recurring headaches, migraines
- Schizophrenia and delusional disorders
When the Crown Chakra is open, you:
- Obtain a view of the “bigger picture”
- Experience a feeling of peace
- Are at one with life
- Have a better understanding of others
- Feel inspired and energized
- Have a realization and liberation from limiting patterns
- Have clarity and enlightened wisdom
Some crystals that help to support a healthy Crown Chakra are: Amethyst, Clear Quartz, Purple Fluorite, Celestite, Blue Sapphire and Diamonds
Activities to help open up the Crown Chakra include meditation, yoga, reiki, aromatherapy, avoiding being egotistic, choosing love and prayer.
Fasting and detoxifying are said to be beneficial for the development of the chakra as it awakens to the highest form spiritual communication. Drinking lots of purified water is also recommend.
To shop all things Crown Chakra, check out these LLJ products: